Friday, July 31, 2009

No headline required...

After spending $170,000 against next year's 2010 budget to fix their payroll tax debacle, the Township Committee is now taking the first step to spend another $130,000 they don't have to protect the high taxes they already take from us. Both of these actions will lead to another BIG local property tax increase in 2010 that will no doubt exceed the rate of inflation which now stands at -0.6% YTD for 2009. This of course will be in stark contrast to the bogus 2006 "Lower Taxes Now!!" campaign promise of Committeeman Howard Popper, who is up for reelection next year.

At what point are we going to see lower taxes, Howard? You seem to be running out of time to deliver on this promise.

Speaking of Howard Popper, rumor has it he created a bit of a stir earlier this year by demanding to bring more guests to the annual Fireman's Dinner than his invite allowed. Making matters worse, Howard attempted to use the fact a member of my family (other than my spouse) accompanied me to this annual event in 2007, when I served as Fire Commissioner, as justification for his selfish demand.

I guess someone forgot to tell Howard my family member served on the First Aid Squad at the time and received a separate invitation to the event. So much for the "he got to do it, so why can't I?" excuse.

I could not make this stuff up if I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To ensure this site remains a valuable service to our community, no anonymous posting is allowed.

Names will be verified (online Morris County Tax Records) prior to appearing on the blog. If you are not man or woman enough to sign your real name to a posting then you should probably keep your opinion to yourself.