Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday...Mr. President!

Today is President Barack Obama's birthday! 48 years ago on this date, he was born in Honolulu, HI, the 50th state in the union. Here is nice opinion piece by Pulitzer prize winning columnist Eugene Robinson of the Washington Post on the whole "birther" issue.

While the vast majority of Democrats (93%) and Independents (83%) have no doubt the President is a natural born citizen, leave it to the GOP to have only a minority (42%) who believe this as well. The other 58% of Republicans are so stupid they aren't sure or think otherwise. Sadly, I suspect the percentage is even higher within Washington Township's GOP membership, as many of these same folks supported James Harmon; who promptly returned their favor by voting for this year's local tax increase. An increase LARGER than ANY of the ones I voted for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To ensure this site remains a valuable service to our community, no anonymous posting is allowed.

Names will be verified (online Morris County Tax Records) prior to appearing on the blog. If you are not man or woman enough to sign your real name to a posting then you should probably keep your opinion to yourself.