Thursday, October 15, 2009

What's my motivation?

Earlier today, I was asked by someone who knows me pretty well, what was my motivation for confronting Ken Short last evening? Was I planning another run at public office and thus trying to score points? Or was I trying to protect my personal legacy as a committeeman? This is an excellent and fair question. My first response was to say I absolutely have no desire to serve in elected public office again. With that admission out of the way, my motivation is simple. Given all I have learned about Ken Short, having served with him for 3 years on the Committee, my issue is simply one of honor.

Having graduated from a service academy some 25 years ago, I still instinctive judge people by whether or not they could live up to the following honor code:

A person will neither lie, cheat, steal, nor attempt to deceive.

I have no reason to suspect Ken Short has ever stolen anything. I can't say the same with respect to the other qualities specified within the code.

No comments:

Post a Comment

To ensure this site remains a valuable service to our community, no anonymous posting is allowed.

Names will be verified (online Morris County Tax Records) prior to appearing on the blog. If you are not man or woman enough to sign your real name to a posting then you should probably keep your opinion to yourself.